sábado, 9 de setembro de 2017

ONE YEAR ENJOYING «HIT ME BABY»


September 8, 2016. What were you doing that day? I know, I know, it's been a year, but of course if you're a fan of The Baseballs, you were counting the hours to listen to their new album «Hit Me Baby» that would be released the other day.




If you don’t know the album (so you're not a fan), the band took hit songs from the '90s and turn them in hits ‘50s style. And it's not because we're fans, but no doubt that these versions runs rings around the originals. Just listen the cover of the Britney Spears’ classic, "... Baby One More Time":




(Annotation: we love the clips from the boys, but this one of "Baby ..." is one of our favorites by the introduction. Impossible not love it and repeat with them: "Unbelievable")

As always, one of our administrators did a track-by-track of the album, but first let Basti, Digger and Sam themselves tell us about «Hit Me Baby»:



And now, the Track-by-Track...

"Hello guys, lovers of good and old rock n'roll. Let us then analyze the songs from the «Hit Me Baby» album. First of all, I want to explain that I am just a fan and listener like all of you, I don´t have a very knowledge about rockabilly ... The album «Hit me Baby» brought a lot of good things in my life, well it was from this album that I could meet fans from other countries and made many friends. and it was from this album that we created the fanpage. So let's go to the analysis:

The album begins with the song ‘Back for Good’, well the contagious rhythm of that song brings to mind the model of music made by groups like The Temptations or The Teenagers.

Already the second song, ‘Survivor’, reminds me of a rock not very 50´s, something more like the sound of ‘Let's Dance’ of Chris Montez of 1962

The introduction of ‘The Sign’ reminds me a little of Eddie Cochran's style in ‘C'mon Everybody’ just that a bit more aggressive.

Let's Talk about Sex is a Elvis-style romantic ballad reminds me of a little of ‘Fever’.

‘I Believe I can Fly’ really came out sensational compared to the original version. The original made me cry and the version of The Baseballs makes me want to dance. Its introduction reminds me ‘That'll Be The Day’ by Buddy Holly.

The introductory riff of the icing on the cake ‘Baby One More Time’ reminiscent of Chuck Berry's riffs.

‘Shackles (Praise You)’ has something of Elvis as the song ‘All Shook Up’ for example.

‘Like a Champion’ is a composition by our dear Basti and this song reminds me a lot of the Stray Cats ‘Summertime Blues’.

‘No Matter What’ is another romantic ballad. It does not bring me a specific head song, but romantic ballads always lead me to Elvis.

I really like ‘Daylight in Your Eyes’. It makes me feel very happy, imagine taking a road with this song playing ...it´s  very good. Well it brings to mind something like Chuck Berry's ‘You Can not Catch Me’.

‘Believe’ is another ballad, but this time I really can´t compare it to some romantic Elvis song, of course there is some influence, but for this song I can only see a rockabilly version of the original, it does not refer to any other.

I prefer the acoustic version of ‘Wannabe’ than the studio version, but it takes me to a heavier rock like Little Richard for example.

My favourite song of the album is ‘Never Ever’, ‘Lewis Boogie’ by Jerry Lee Lewis without a doubt.

‘You Raise Me Up’ is very beautiful, it's a gospel rockabilly version that was really cool.

‘Overload’ does not resemble 50´s rock, neither. It's more for neo-rockabilly.

‘Everybody (Baseballs' Back)’ is a Rhythm And Blues that leads me to songs by Ray Charles.

Well guys this was my analysis on the album «Hit me Baby», remembering that the song reaches each person in a way, that's my vision about the songs, I'm no rockabilly expert I put just what I feel. I hope you like it and I wish a good Rock n' Roll for all of you."

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário